Know Your Customer (KYC) documents are a constituent part of the on-boarding program, mandated by the Telecom regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). All customers are required to submit documents confirming their individual and business identity within seven days of activation of services under the KYC rule. Failing to do so will lead to suspension and ensuing deactivation of the customer's account.
At Knowlarity, we ensure that our customers are well-informed about the requirements of KYC and the consequences of non-submission of KYC documents. We also send reminder emails consistently until the requisite documents are submitted and approved; or, until the account is closed.
Below is a snapshot of the various points in time when you will receive information pertaining to KYC for your account:
- When you receive a welcome mail.
- When you receive an email asking for details required to set your account up.
- Every day for the first 7 days.
- Account is downgraded to a FreePlus plan on the 8th day.
- This plan remains active for 7 days post which the account will be temporarily suspended.
- During this time, customer receives reminders of current state of his account and impending deactivation.
- Account suspension email follows after 7 more days.
- After 30 days, account deactivation email is sent, post which, Knowlarity can no longer guarantee recommencement of services on the same display number.
- Once an account is downgraded/suspended/deactivated, Knowlarity cannot be held responsible for loss of business or any other losses incurred due to partial or no services to the SuperReceptionist number(s) associated with user's account.
- Services shall not be re-activated under any circumstances until complete KYC has been submitted for the suspended account.
- Once an account is de-activated, Knowlarity bears no responsibility for recommencement of services on the same display number
- No extension of validity or compensation will be awarded in lieu of time lapsed/business lost due to suspension of services.